Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: How nice II

  1. #21
    Cagliostro
    Guest Cagliostro's Avatar

    Post

    Polls are always accurate. President Dewey was a case in point. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  2. #22
    Cagliostro
    Guest Cagliostro's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by reason:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Oldie Blonde Kenobi:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">For example, my street has maybe 60 homes, at least 15 of them have Kerry signs. No Bush signs. I don't think a poll is going to accurately pick up the extreme "lumpiness" of the voting blocks that are hellbent on making their candidate win.

    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe because the Bush signs are stolen faster than you can replace them. [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I dunno. I lost my Kerry sign. Poof! Gone.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A Kerry campaign worker probably saw it and was embarassed to see it in a yard like yours and took it back.

  3. #23
    Senior Hostboard Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    4,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by G L:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by reason:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Oldie Blonde Kenobi:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">For example, my street has maybe 60 homes, at least 15 of them have Kerry signs. No Bush signs. I don't think a poll is going to accurately pick up the extreme "lumpiness" of the voting blocks that are hellbent on making their candidate win.

    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe because the Bush signs are stolen faster than you can replace them. [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I dunno. I lost my Kerry sign. Poof! Gone.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A Kerry campaign worker probably saw it and was embarassed to see it in a yard like yours and took it back.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That sounds like something a gay person would say.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member LAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2001
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually, I see

    http://www.electoral-vote.com/

    Kerry 271
    Bush 247

    Still bad news. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member LAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2001
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Today's tally - THEY'RE TIED!

  6. #26
    Inactive Member LanDroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,026
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just checked and found

    Bush 271
    Kerry 257

    However the link that Reason provided shows

    Kerry 290
    Bush 231

    Looks like another wild election... [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img]

  7. #27
    Senior Hostboard Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    4,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by LanDroid:
    I just checked and found

    Bush 271
    Kerry 257

    However the link that Reason provided shows

    Kerry 290
    Bush 231

    Looks like another wild election... [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I did a quick check of battleground states in both links, at it appears that Lake's link is more up to date.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member LanDroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,026
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's another one from the NY Times. I suspect this one is more accurate because it recognizes more states are up for grabs.

    Kerry 225
    Bush 213
    Open 100

    NYT Electoral Calculator

  9. #29
    HB Forum Owner gae's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,552
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This morning's numbers:

    Electoral Vote Predictor 2004:
    Kerry 257 Bush 271

    The constant changes in this poll begs the question -- Anyone here EVER been polled?

  10. #30
    Inactive Member LanDroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,026
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, I think my wife and I were called on separate occasions during the 2000 election. Heh, prolly 'splains the spike in support for Mick Jaggar. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

    <font color="#000002" size="1">[ October 23, 2004 10:39 AM: Message edited by: LanDroid ]</font>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •